This restaurant-style soup is simple to make.
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 cup angel hair pasta, broken into pieces
- 3/4 cup cooked, shredded chicken OR cubed tofu
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion, optional
- Thinly slice shiitake caps (makes about 2 1/2 cups).
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine chicken broth with water, soy sauce, garlic and ginger; bring to a simmer.
- Add mushrooms, pasta, chicken and carrot; simmer until mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sesame oil and green onions.
This recipe originally aired in the May 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Asian Chicken and Mushroom Wraps Recipes
- Thai Style Marinated Mushrooms Recipe
- Pad Thai with Fresh Mushrooms and Shrimp Recipe