Sourdough Biscuits Recipe
Sourdough Biscuits. Photo by Getty Images/jatrax.
Yields 3 dozen.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sourdough starter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons lard or butter, cold, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sourdough starter, salt, honey, baking powder, and lard until a soft dough forms.
- Pinch off egg-sized pieces and roll into balls. Place dough balls, touching, in the prepared skillet in concentric circles, starting with the outer edge, until filled. Brush tops with melted butter. Set skillet in a warm place for 10 minutes to allow biscuits to raise.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and insides are cooked through. Serve hot.
For more baking ideas, visit Sourdough Recipes.
Memphis Dry Rub Ribs Recipe
Served with barbecue sauce, these tasty, tender ribs, made with a spicy dry rub and basted with a pineapple glaze, will be a new family favorite.
BLT Salad with Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
Creamy blue cheese dressing and hard-boiled eggs add even more flavor to this delicious bacon, lettuce, and tomato salad.
Spicy Sage Sausage Flatbread Topped with Fried Eggs Recipe
Shake up the breakfast menu with this recipe that combines sausage, flatbread, and fried eggs for a delicious morning meal.