Photo by Getty Images/rudisill
Yields 6 servings.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut in bite-size pieces
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin and separated into rings
- 1/3 cup whole basil leaves
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic, and whisk to combine.
- Add the chopped basil, tomatoes, and onion, and toss to coat.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour, tossing occasionally, to allow flavors to blend.
- Sprinkle whole basil leaves and goat cheese on top before serving.
Discover more delicious, seasonal recipes in Fresh Recipes for Garden Tomatoes.
When she’s not at the Capper’s Farmer offices, editor Traci Smith spends her time cooking, working in the yard and garden, crafting, and relaxing with her dogs, family, and friends.