Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies With Bacon Bits
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 11⁄2 cups turbinado sugar or light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 pound bacon, fried crisp, cooled, and crumbled
- Preheat grill to 325 F, and set it up for indirect cooking. Grease cookie sheets, or line them with parchment paper or baking mats; set aside.
- Sift flours, salt, and baking soda into a large bowl; set aside.
- Using a mixer, combine sugar and butter. Add egg, egg yolk, cinnamon, and vanilla, and mix until creamy. Blend in sifted ingredients, then fold in chocolate chips and crumbled bacon.
- Drop 1⁄4-cup-size dough balls onto prepared cookie sheets, 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 minutes, then turn and bake for an additional 7 to 9 minutes. Cool slightly on cookie sheets before moving to a rack to finish cooling.
More from The Char-Broil Great Book of Grilling:
- Apple Butter BBQ Ribs Recipe
- Potato Side Dish Recipe
- Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- Recipe for Grilled Tenderloins With Blue Cheese Topping
- Wood-Fired Apple-Pecan Pie Recipe
- Spit-Roasted Pork Chops Recipe