Pumpkin Mousse in Cinnamon Pastry Shells Recipe
1 / 2
This can be an alternative to pumpkin pie or this mousse pastry can be the breakfast before the big meal, it’s up to you, the baker, to decide.
Photo by GettyImages/GCShutter
2 / 2
- 2 packages (10-oz. each) frozen puff pastry shells
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Cinnamon sugar*
- 1 can (30-oz.) easy pumpkin pie mix
- 1 box (3.4-oz.) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place pastry shells on baking sheet. Brush tops with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake according to package directions. Cool to room temperature. Remove tops and reserve for garnish. Remove soft pastry inside shells and discard.
- Beat pumpkin pie mix, pudding mix and cinnamon in a large mixer bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Gently fold in whipped topping. Spoon about 1/3 cup pumpkin mixture into each pastry shell. Top with pastry tops and serve immediately. *To make cinnamon sugar, thoroughly combine 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
More form this Issue:
- One-Step Pumpkin Butter Recipe
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Tarts Recipe
- Pumpkin Torte with Orange Cream Filling Recipe
- Zesty Cream Topped Orange Pumpkin Pie Recipe
More Pumpkin Recipes: