This recipe is from the November 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
- 1 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell, unbaked
- 1 can (30-oz.) easy pumpkin pie mix
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel, divided
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place pie shell in a pie plate on a baking sheet.
- Combine pumpkin pie mix, evaporated milk, eggs and 1 teaspoon orange peel in a large bowl.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F., and bake for 50 to 60 additional minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Combine sour cream, sugar and remaining orange peel in a medium bowl.
- Carefully spread over top of pie.
- Bake for an additional 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Editor's Note: Libby's makes canned pumpkin with spices already added, called Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix.
More form this Issue:
- One-Step Pumpkin Butter Recipe
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Tarts Recipe
- Pumpkin Mousse in Cinnamon Pastry Shells Recipe
- Pumpkin Torte with Orange Cream Filling Recipe
- Zesty Cream Topped Orange Pumpkin Pie Recipe