This recipe is from the November 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
- 2 packages (10-oz. each) frozen puff pastry shells
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Cinnamon sugar*
- 1 can (30-oz.) easy pumpkin pie mix
- 1 box (3.4-oz.) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place pastry shells on baking sheet. Brush tops with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake according to package directions. Cool to room temperature. Remove tops and reserve for garnish. Remove soft pastry inside shells and discard.
- Beat pumpkin pie mix, pudding mix and cinnamon in a large mixer bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Gently fold in whipped topping. Spoon about 1/3 cup pumpkin mixture into each pastry shell. Top with pastry tops and serve immediately.
*To make cinnamon sugar, thoroughly combine 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
More form this Issue:
- One-Step Pumpkin Butter Recipe
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Tarts Recipe
- Pumpkin Torte with Orange Cream Filling Recipe
- Zesty Cream Topped Orange Pumpkin Pie Recipe