This recipe is from the November 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
- 2/3 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 15)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, optional
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate morsels, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 12-muffin pan with paper cups. Combine cookie crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Press a scant tablespoon of crumb mixture onto bottom of each paper cup. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla in a small mixer bowl until blended. Add eggs; beat well. Pour into muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Remove tarts from pan; refrigerate. If desired, garnish with sour cream just before serving.
- If desired, place chocolate morsels in a small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut a tiny corner from the bag; squeeze to drizzle over tarts.
More from this Issue:
- One-Step Pumpkin Butter Recipe
- Pumpkin Mousse in Cinnamon Pastry Shells Recipe
- Pumpkin Torte with Orange Cream Filling Recipe
- Zesty Cream Topped Orange Pumpkin Pie Recipe