This recipe is from the November 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
- 1 can (30-oz.) easy pumpkin pie mix
- Empty pie mix into a medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring frequently, for 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool at room temperature for 1 hour. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 months. Yields about 2 1/2 cups.
- Serve with pumpkin bread, buttermilk biscuits, corn muffins, gingersnaps or hot cereal.
Editor's Note: For gift-giving, place pumpkin butter in a jar and seal. Then decorate the jar with fabric and ribbon.
More from this Issue:
- One-Step Pumpkin Butter Recipe
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Tarts Recipe
- Pumpkin Mousse in Cinnamon Pastry Shells Recipe
- Pumpkin Torte with Orange Cream Filling Recipe
- Zesty Cream Topped Orange Pumpkin Pie Recipe
More Pumpkin Recipes:
- Canned Pumpkin Pickles
- Classic Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls With Maple-Cream-Cheese Frosting Recipe