. This can be a great dessert in the fall when the air is cool or served around the holidays.
- 12 frozen buttermilk biscuits
- 8 eggs
- 4-1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Caramel topping, warmed, optional
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake biscuits as directed on package. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, generously spray 12 (10-oz.) custard cups or 12 (4-1/2-by-1-1/4-inch) disposable foil tart pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, sugar, raisins, cinnamon and vanilla; mix well. Cut biscuits into 1-inch cubes. Add to egg mixture; mix well. Let stand for 5 minutes. Divide mixture evenly among custard cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until set. With a knife or a metal spatula, loosen edges around cups; slide onto dessert plates. Drizzle with warm topping, if desired.
- Follow high altitude directions on package when baking biscuits.
- When beating together raisins and other ingredients in egg mixture, gradually stir in 1/4 cup all-purpose flour. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
This recipe originally aired in the January 2008 issue.
More from this issue:
- Brown Butter Creamy Apple Pie Recipe
- Deviled Crab and Cheese Biscuit Cup Recipe
- Garlic, Cheese and Tomato Bread Bite Recipe