The simple ingredients should all be found in a grocery store, mix it up and bake it for 15 minutes.
- 3/4 cup whipped cream cheese spread
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup finely shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (about 2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup garlic and herb bread crumbs
- 3 cans (6-oz. each) white crab meat, well-drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (16.3-oz.) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 16 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese, lemon juice, pepper sauce, cheese, green onions, paprika, bread crumbs, crab meat and celery until mixture is well-blended.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits, then peel in half to make 16 biscuits. Press or roll each biscuit into a 5-inch round. Firmly press 1 round on bottom and up sides of each muffin cup, forming a 1/4-inch rim over edge of cup. Place 2 tablespoons crab mixture in each cup.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until filling is set and edges of biscuits are golden brown. Sprinkle each cup with chopped parsley; lightly press into filling. Remove biscuit cups from pan and serve immediately.
This recipe originally aired in the January 2008 issue.
More from this issue:
- Brown Butter Creamy Apple Pie Recipe
- Garlic, Cheese and Tomato Bread Bite Recipe