If you are headed to any cookie swaps this holiday season, these sweet little cookies are a great idea.
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes
- Sift flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and cocoa together. Set aside. Cream butter and ginger until light.
- Stir in molasses and 2 tablespoons sugar. Gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Wrap dough in plastic; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Mix crushed candy canes and remaining sugar.
- Roll 1 tablespoon dough into a ball with palms; flatten into a disk. Dip in crushed candy cane and sugar mix. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
This recipe was originally featured in the December 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
- Maple Almond Bars Recipe
- Oatmeal Lace Cookies Recipes
- Maple Sandwich Cookies