These grilled mushrooms taste great topped with a savory tomato blend.
- Cooking spray for grilling
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, basil and olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 large portobello mushrooms, cleaned, stems trimmed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted*
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Spray cold grill grate and utensils with grilling spray. Heat grill to medium heat.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic and basil in a medium bowl; blend well.
- Grill mushrooms, smooth side up, for 5 minutes, or until browned. Turn mushroom caps over. Spoon tomato mixture into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with nuts and cheese. Grill for an additional 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender. Yields 6 servings.
This recipe originally aired in the June 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Warm Tomato and Cucumber Salad Recipe
- Marinated Steak and Onions Recipe
- Grilled Vegetable Pizzas Recipe
- Honey Lemon Chicken Recipe