You can make your own signature pizza featuring favorite grilled vegetables.
- Cooking spray for grilling
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow zucchini
- 1 medium green zucchini
- 1 small red onion, peeled, cut in half
- 6 large mushrooms, cleaned, sliced in half
- 2 containers (13.8 oz. each) refrigerated pizza dough, shaped into 2 rectangles, about 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Coarsely ground pepper blend, optional
- Spray the grate of an outdoor grill and utensils with grilling spray. Heat grill to medium heat.
- Grill vegetables until browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from grill and slice into smaller pieces for pizza topping.
- Place dough on grill until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Move to cooler part of grill to keep warm.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce on each crust. Layer with cheese, vegetables and basil. Heat on grill until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Cut each pizza into fourths. Sprinkle with pepper blend, if desired.
This recipe originally aired in the June 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Warm Tomato and Cucumber Salad Recipe
- Marinated Steak and Onions Recipe
- Grilled Vegetable Pizzas Recipe
- Honey Lemon Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms Recipe