This flavorful grilled steak is smothered in marinated sautéed onions.
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- 1 large Spanish onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray for grilling
- In a large, resealable, freezer-weight plastic bag, combine broth, brown sugar, lemon juice, vinegar and garlic. Add steak and onions; seal bag. Turn bag over to evenly coat steak with broth mixture. Refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight, to marinate, occasionally turning bag over.
- Spray the grate of an outdoor grill or stovetop grill and utensils with grilling spray. Heat grill to medium heat. Remove steak from bag; pour marinade into a large skillet. Grill steak for 5 minutes on each side for medium doneness.
- Bring marinade to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until onions are tender.
- Place steak on a serving platter; top with onion sauce. Cut steak into 4 pieces to serve.
This recipe originally aired in the June 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Warm Tomato and Cucumber Salad Recipe
- Grilled Vegetable Pizzas Recipe
- Honey Lemon Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms Recipe