You'll be surprised at how fast leftover ham disappears when served in these delicious tarts.
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 cup thin matchlike sticks of leftover cooked ham
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyère or Swiss cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Let pie crusts stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before unrolling. Unroll crusts and place them on a lightly floured surface. Cut each crust into 4 wedges. Roll out each wedge to a 6-inch circle.
- Place 1 circle in each of 8 (4 1/2-inch) tart pans and flute the edges. Line each crust with parchment paper; fill with pie weights or dry beans. Place tart pans on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove parchment paper and pie weights. Fill crusts evenly with ham and cheese.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg, milk, thyme and pepper with a wire whisk until well-blended. Pour egg mixture evenly into tart shells.
- Return tart pans to baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until fillings are set in centers. Let tarts stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe originally aired in the April 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
More form this issue:
- Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Apricot Recipe
- Mango and Black-Eyed Pea Salsa Recipe
- Cambozola, Peach and Spinach Turnovers Recipe
- Cherry Sauce Recipe
- 4 Ham Glazes