A sweet dessert is a great ending to any meal, especially a special holiday feast.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 square sheets puff pastry, 5-inch squares
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ripe peach, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 jar (4 oz.) pimiento strips, drained
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, washed and stemmed
- 4 ounces Cambozola OR other creamy blue cheese, sliced into 4 pieces
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg and milk; brush onto one side of pastry squares. Reserve egg wash for later use.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pastry squares. Layer 1/4 of the peach, pimiento and spinach in the center of each pastry square and top with cheese.
- Fold dough around the filling to make a triangle, sealing edges. Brush tops with remaining egg wash and place them on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake turnovers for 12 to 16 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot.
This recipe originally aired in the April 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
More form this issue:
- Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Apricot Recipe
- Mango and Black-Eyed Pea Salsa Recipe
- Cherry Sauce Recipe
- 4 Ham Glazes
- Savory Ham Breakfast Tarts