The flavors in this salsa go perfectly with ham. Stir in freshly chopped cilantro, if desired, just before serving.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cans (15.5 oz. each) black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine oil, vinegar, lime juice, cumin and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
- Add black-eyed peas, mangoes, tomatoes and green onion; toss gently to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This recipe originally aired in the April 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
More form this issue:
- Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Apricot Recipe
- Cambozola, Peach and Spinach Turnovers Recipe
- Cherry Sauce Recipe
- 4 Ham Glazes
- Savory Ham Breakfast Tarts