Sweet potatoes add a spot of color to a holiday table, and they taste great, too!
- 6 medium sweet potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) apricot halves, drained
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until tender when pinched, about 1 hour.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact.
- Place pulp in food processor or mixing bowl; add apricots, milk, butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg; mix until puréed.
- Fill potato shells with purée and place back on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle tops with chives. Bake until warmed through, about 10 minutes.
This recipe originally aired in the April 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
More form this issue:
- Mango and Black-Eyed Pea Salsa Recipe
- Cambozola, Peach and Spinach Turnovers Recipe
- Cherry Sauce Recipe
- 4 Ham Glazes
- Savory Ham Breakfast Tarts