Sweet and Sour Watermelon Chicken
- 2 pounds baked OR fried breaded chicken tenders
- 1 onion, sliced into thin strips
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups Sweet and Sour Sauce, recipe follows
- 2 cups seedless watermelon chunks
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1. Heat oven to 275°F.
2. On a baking sheet, warm chicken tenders in a single layer.
3. In a 2-quart sauté pan, sauté onions and peppers in oil. Stir in Sweet and Sour Sauce.
4. Arrange watermelon chunks on a warm serving platter with chicken; pour hot sauce over all. Sprinkle with sesame seeds; serve immediately. Yields 6 to 8 servings.
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 cup watermelon purée
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice bran vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
1. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
More from this issue of Heart of the Home: