Oh What a Beautiful Mornin’! Shower Gel Recipe
One of my favorite feel-good songs of all time is Rodgers and Hammerstein’s 1943 hit from the Broadway musical Oklahoma! What better way to start the day than with an invigorating shower and rousing chorus of, “Oh, what a beautiful mornin’!” This recipe contains fresh marjoram and eucalyptus, both of which are naturally antiseptic and refreshing to skin. You can also use this as a bath enhancer.
- 1 cup fresh eucalyptus leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup mild liquid soap, such as castile
- 1 tablespoon vegetable glycerin or honey
- Place the eucalyptus, marjoram, and cinnamon stick in a glass bowl. Pour the boiling water over them, and allow the mixture to steep for several hours, until cool.
- Strain off the liquid, and mix with the liquid soap and glycerin or honey.
- Pour the soap solution into a clean plastic container with a pour spout.
Apply as you would any liquid soap or shower gel, or pour some into the bath under running water.
FOR MORE HOMEMADE SKIN CARE, SEE:
Natural Beauty from the Garden
Galen’s Cold Cream Recipe
Moisturizing Honey Avocado Mask Recipe
Scented Sugar Scrub Recipe
Dandelion Age Spot Oil Recipe
Victorian Geranium Powder Recipe
Marigold Hand Cream Recipe
Garden-Stained Hand Solutions
Excerpted from Natural Beauty from the Garden by Janice Cox, published by Ogden Publications, 2018.
DIY Hand Lotion
hand lotion recipe
Wild and Whimsical Wreaths
Learn how to bring nature indoors all year long with these fresh and festive wreath projects that reflect the changing seasons.
Wild Spring Wreath
Learn to use fresh flowers and a natural wreath base to create this spring-themed wreath that can be redone again and again.