4 hrs 30 min DURATION
4 hrs 15 min COOK TIME
15 min PREP TIME
1 cake SERVINGS
- 1 prepared round angel food cake (10- or 12-oz.), frozen (for easy slicing)
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (4-serving size) instant vanilla-flavor pudding mix
- 2 cups (1 pint) whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cans (21 oz. each) cherry OR peach pie filling, divided
- Cut cake into 1/4-inch slices; arrange half the slices on the bottom of a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, water and almond extract; mix well. Add pudding mix; beat well. Chill for 5 minutes. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread half the cream mixture over cake slices; top evenly with one can pie filling. Top with remaining cake slices, then remaining cream mixture, then other can of pie filling.
- Chill for 4 hours, or until set. Cut into squares to serve. Store leftovers, covered, in refrigerator.