These yummy, hand-held salads are full of fresh flavor.
- 4 large (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 6 tablespoons prepared blue cheese dressing
- 8 ounces sliced, cooked turkey breast
- 3 medium-sized, fully ripened tomatoes (about 1 pound), cut in thin slices
- 4 leaves Boston, iceberg OR leaf lettuce
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut in thin slices
- 4 strips cooked bacon
- Spread each tortilla with 1-1/2 tablespoons dressing.
- Top with layers of turkey, tomato, lettuce, avocado and bacon, dividing evenly. Roll up tortillas.
- If desired, tie each wrap with chives, or secure with long toothpicks and cut each sandwich in half.
- To serve, stand both halves of each sandwich on the cut ends.
- Garnish with tomato wedges, green onions and avocado.
This recipe originally aired in the May 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Panzanella Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- Antipasto Chef Salad Recipe
- Sun and Sea Chef Salad Recipe
- Tomato, Shrimp and Couscous Salad Recipe