This fresh, tangy salad is a perfect warm-weather meal.
- 2 large, fully ripened tomatoes
- 2 medium oranges, peeled
- 1/3 cup prepared vinaigrette dressing
- 4 cups packed mixed salad greens OR lettuce leaves
- 12 ounces cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese (about 1 cup)
- Core and cut each tomato into 12 wedges. Cut each orange crosswise into 6 slices; cut slices into halves.
- In the container of a blender or food processor, place 8 tomato wedges and 8 orange slice halves. Whirl until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the vinaigrette; blend until smooth.
- Place 1 cup of greens on each of 4 chilled salad plates. Top each with equal amounts of tomato wedges, orange slice halves, shrimp, green pepper and goat cheese. Drizzle each salad with some of the blended dressing. Serve with remaining dressing.
This recipe originally aired in the May 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Panzanella Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- Antipasto Chef Salad Recipe
- Tomato Cobb Salad Wrap Recipe
- Tomato, Shrimp and Couscous Salad Recipe