This salad makes an attractive appetizer or a meal by itself.
- 1 pound fully ripened tomatoes
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce, cut in 1/2-inch-wide slices
- 6 ounces sliced Provolone cheese, cut into 3/4-inch strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 jar (6 1/2 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 ounces thinly sliced salami, cut in halves (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 1/3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- Core and cut each tomato into 10 wedges.
- Divide lettuce among 4 chilled salad plates.
- Arrange 5 tomato wedges in a row down the center of each salad.
- Arrange cheese, artichoke hearts, salami and olives on either side of the tomatoes, dividing evenly.
- Drizzle with dressing just before serving.
This recipe originally aired in the May 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Panzanella Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- Sun and Sea Chef Salad Recipe
- Tomato Cobb Salad Wrap Recipe
- Tomato, Shrimp and Couscous Salad Recipe