These rolls are filled with melted cheese, fruit and nuts and covered in cinnamon and sugar, which makes for a sweet treat.
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (12 oz.) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon mascarpone cheese or cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray an 8- or 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix cranberries and walnuts; set aside. In another small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; press each biscuit into a 3-inch round. Place a heaping teaspoon of mascarpone cheese in center of each biscuit. Bring all sides of dough up over filling, stretching gently, if necessary, and gather in the center above the filling to form a ball; firmly pinch edges to seal.
- Roll each biscuit in melted butter, then in sugar-cinnamon mixture. Place 1 biscuit in the center of the pan, seam side down. Arrange remaining biscuits, seam sides down and sides touching, in a circle around the center biscuit. Pour remaining butter over biscuits; sprinkle with remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture. Sprinkle with all but 1/4 cup of the cranberry-walnut mixture.
- Bake for 28 to 33 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown. Place a heatproof serving plate upside down on the pan; carefully turn the plate and pan over.
- Let stand for 1 minute, then carefully remove the pan. Sprinkle remaining cranberry-walnut mixture over the rolls.
- In a medium bowl, stir powdered sugar and milk together until smooth and of glaze consistency. Drizzle glaze over the top of the rolls. Serve warm.
This recipe originally aired in the June 2008 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Apple-Jack Chicken Pizza with Caramelized Onions Recipe
- Double-Delight Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Blue Cheese and Red Onion Jam Crescent Thumbprints Recipe
- Mascarpone-Filled Cranberry-Walnut Rolls Recipe
- Mexican Pesto-Pork Tacos Recipe
- Salmon Pastries with Dill Pesto Recipe
- Toffee-Banana Brownies Recipe