These cookies have double the peanut butter between the dough and the added 1/2 cup of creamy goodness.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 roll (16.5 oz.) refrigerated peanut butter cookies, well-chilled
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine peanuts, sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir peanut butter and powdered sugar together until completely blended. Shape mixture into 24 balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Cut cookie dough into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half crosswise to make 24 pieces; flatten each piece slightly. Shape 1 piece of dough around 1 peanut butter ball, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and peanut butter balls.
- Roll each dough-covered peanut butter ball in peanut mixture. Gently pat mixture completely onto balls.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Spray the bottom of a drinking glass with nonstick cooking spray and press it into remaining peanut mixture. Flatten each ball to ½-inch thickness with the bottom of the glass, dipping the glass into peanut mixture as needed.
- Sprinkle any remaining peanut mixture evenly over the tops of cookies; gently press into dough.
- Bake for 7 to 12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to a wire rack. Store tightly covered.
This recipe originally aired in the June 2008 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Apple-Jack Chicken Pizza with Caramelized Onions Recipe
- Double-Delight Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Blue Cheese and Red Onion Jam Crescent Thumbprints Recipe
- Mascarpone-Filled Cranberry-Walnut Rolls Recipe
- Mexican Pesto-Pork Tacos Recipe
- Salmon Pastries with Dill Pesto Recipe
- Toffee-Banana Brownies Recipe