These brownies are sure to impress anyone who tries them.
- 1 box (19.5 oz.) fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 cup pure vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups toffee bits, divided
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts<
- 2 firm ripe medium bananas, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Heat oven to 350°F. Generously spray a 13-by-9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water and eggs 50 strokes. Stir in 1 cup toffee bits, nuts and bananas. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining toffee bits over the top.
- Bake for 38 to 48 minutes, or until center is set when lightly touched, top is slightly dry, and edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool for 2 hours. Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping before serving. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
This recipe originally aired in the June 2008 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Apple-Jack Chicken Pizza with Caramelized Onions Recipe
- Double-Delight Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Blue Cheese and Red Onion Jam Crescent Thumbprints Recipe
- Mascarpone-Filled Cranberry-Walnut Rolls Recipe
- Mexican Pesto-Pork Tacos Recipe
- Salmon Pastries with Dill Pesto Recipe
- Toffee-Banana Brownies Recipe