This is a great dish to make if you are looking for a quick and filling meal to make.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 jar (26 oz.) pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, optional
- 1 box (16 oz.) fettuccine, cooked and drained
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add carrots, onion and celery; cook for 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently. Add turkey and cook thoroughly, breaking it up with a spoon. Stir in chicken broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to low heat and simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir in pasta sauce and parsley; simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve sauce over hot fettuccine.
This recipe originally aired in the April 2008 issue of Heart of the Home.