Instead of frying fish, use the bread crumbs and bake it for a healthy meal.
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- 1/4 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tilapia fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a food processor, process bread until small crumbs form; remove and set aside. Place parsley, garlic, lemon peel and pepper in processor and process until blended. Add mayonnaise and process just until blended.
- Arrange fillets on baking sheets or a broiler pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice, then top evenly with mayonnaise mixture and bread crumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork.
This recipe originally aired in the April 2008 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Fettuccine with Turkey Bolognese Sauce Recipe
- Gremolata-Crusted Tilapia Recipe
- Mandarin Chicken Salad Recipe
- Oven-Baked Harvest Apples Recipe