Easy to make and delicious, whip up and after dinner dessert.
- 4 large apples, cored
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons buttery spread
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel top third of apples; arrange them, peeled-side up, in an 8-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, cranberries and pecans; spoon evenly into center of apples. Top each with 1 teaspoon buttery spread. Pour water around apples. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour, or until apples are tender, basting occasionally.
- Microwave Directions: Peel apples as directed above. Arrange apples in a microwave-safe pie plate. Cover with waxed paper and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, cranberries and pecans; spoon evenly into apples. Top each with 1 teaspoon buttery spread. Cover with waxed paper and microwave for an additional 2 minutes, or until apples are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes.
This recipe originally aired in the April 2008 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Fettuccine with Turkey Bolognese Sauce Recipe
- Gremolata-Crusted Tilapia Recipe
- Mandarin Chicken Salad Recipe
- Oven-Baked Harvest Apples Recipe