Rich, fudgy Peanut Butter Truffle Tart won the Weekends Made Special category.
- 1 roll (18 oz.) refrigerated peanut butter cookies
- 6 peanut butter crunchy granola bars (3 pouches from 8.9 oz. box), crushed (1 heaping cup)
- 2 bags (12 oz. each) semisweet chocolate chips (4 cups)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts OR 1 package (2 oz.) nut topping
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in crushed granola bars until well-mixed. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom or a 13-by-9-inch pan. Bake for 12 to 17 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- With the back of a spoon, press down crust on bottom and side; bake for 3 to 5 minutes longer, or until deep golden brown. Press down crust again with spoon. Cool for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and whipping cream on High for 1 minute. Stir; microwave for 1 to 2 minutes longer, stirring every 30 seconds to prevent chocolate from burning, until completely melted and smooth.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave peanut butter on High for 1 minute, or until melted; stir.
- Spread warm peanut butter onto bottom of crust. Pour chocolate mixture over peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle peanuts evenly over top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until serving time. For easier cutting, let tart stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. Store in refrigerator.
This recipe originally aired in the May 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Baked Chicken and Spinach Stuffing Recipe
- Blackberry-Almond Bruschetta Recipe
- Choco-Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- Cuban-Style Sandwiches with Green Chile Au Jus Recipe
- Pineapple Black Bean Enchiladas Recipe
- Rise 'n Shine Lattice Pizza Recipe