This breadstick-topped pizza is great for breakfast or brunch, or cut into small pieces for appetizers.
- 1 box (9 oz.) frozen roasted potatoes with garlic and herbs
- 1/2 cup chives-and-onion cream cheese spread (from 8 oz. container)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 to 1 cup basil pesto (6 to 8 oz.)
- 1 can (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 cups grated Asiago OR Parmesan cheese (8 oz.)
- 1 package or jar (3 oz.) cooked real bacon bits
- 1 box (10.6 oz.) refrigerated garlic with herbs breadsticks
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cut a small slit in center of pouch of potatoes. Microwave on High for 2 to 3 minutes, or just until warm; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, Italian seasoning and eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended; set aside.
- Line a large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Place pesto in a small strainer over bowl to drain off excess oil. Lightly brush oil from pesto onto parchment paper. Unroll pizza crust dough on paper-lined cookie sheet; starting at center, press out dough into a 14-inch square.
- Spread pesto over dough to within 1 inch of edges; sprinkle cheese over pesto. Roll up edges to make an 11-inch square. Spoon potatoes evenly over cheese. Pour egg mixture around potatoes. Sprinkle with bacon bits.
- Separate breadstick dough into 10 strips; set garlic butter aside. Twist and stretch each strip of dough over potatoes in lattice pattern, tucking ends of strips under pizza dough. Remove cover from reserved garlic butter; microwave on High for 10 seconds to soften. Brush garlic butter over edges and strips of dough.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until edges are browned and center is set, covering with foil during the last 10 minutes of baking, if necessary, to prevent excessive browning. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Cut into rectangles to serve.
This recipe originally aired in the May 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Baked Chicken and Spinach Stuffing Recipe
- Blackberry-Almond Bruschetta Recipe
- Choco-Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- Cuban-Style Sandwiches with Green Chile Au Jus Recipe
- Peanut Butter Truffle Tart Recipe
- Pineapple Black Bean Enchiladas Recipe