This recipe is from Heart of the Home, December 2005.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter OR margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water
- In a large bowl, stir together butter, sugars, egg and vanilla. Stir in flour and baking powder. (If dough is soft, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Divide dough into 8 equal parts. On an ungreased cookie sheet, roll each part into an 8-inch rope; press down until 1 1/2-inches wide. Make an indentation down the center of each with the handle of a wooden spoon. Fill with 1 measuring tablespoon jam.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are light-brown; cool for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over strips. Cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
More from this issue:
- Cinnamon-Caramel Swirl Bars Recipe
- Eggnog Delights Recipe
- Festive Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Recipe
- Gingerbread People Recipe
- Luscious Layer Bars Recipe
- Snickerdoodles Recipe
More Ideas from Capper's Farmer:
- Coconut Macaroons with Dried Cherries
- Blubarb Jam Recipe
- Canning and Baking With Homemade Applesauce
- Preserving and Canning Recipes for Garden Produce