This recipe is from Heart of the Home, December 2005.
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (14 oz.) caramels
- 1/4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a foil-lined, 13-by-9-inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and pecans until well-blended.
- Add flour mixture; mix well. Reserve 1 cup batter for later use.
- Spread remaining batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until firm.
- Microwave caramels and milk in a microwavable bowl on high for 2 to 3 minutes, or until caramels are completely melted, stirring every minute.
- Pour over baked layer in pan, spreading to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Drop reserved batter by spoonfuls over caramel layer.
- Cut through batter with knife several times to marbleize.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until center is set.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into bars to serve.
More from this issue:
- Decorated Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies Recipe
- Eggnog Delights Recipe
- Festive Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Recipe
- Gingerbread People Recipe
- Luscious Layer Bars Recipe
- Raspberry Jam Strips Recipe
- Snickerdoodles Recipe