Berry Patriotic Trifle Recipe
1 / 2
Much like the fireworks, this easy trifle recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser on theFourth of July.
Photo by Getty Images/StephanieFrey
2 / 2
2 hrs 15 min
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (4-serving size) instant lemon-flavor pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 oz.) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1-3/4 cups fresh blueberries
- Star Garnish, recipe follows, optional
- With a mixer, beat sweetened condensed milk, pudding mix and milk in a large bowl. Fold in sour cream. Chill for 5 minutes.
- Set aside 1/4 cup pudding mixture. In a 2- to 2 1/2-quart clear glass bowl, layer half of the pound cake pieces, half of the remaining pudding, half of the raspberries and half of the blueberries. Repeat layers.
- Spoon reserved pudding mixture on top. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Store leftovers, covered, in refrigerator.
- Place 1 (1 oz.) white baking bar in a small, heavy saucepan.
- Heat over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. Tint with red paste food coloring.
- Pipe mixture into star shapes on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Let stand until dry. Carefully peel from wax paper.
More from this issue:
- Cherry Angel Cream Cake Recipe
- Easy Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
- Fresh Fruit Cream Cheese Pie Recipe
- Red, White and Blue Delight