This recipe combines two popular desserts.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter OR margarine, softened and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, packed
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) plain cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- With a mixer fitted with flat paddle, combine flour and sugar; add butter and egg yolk; blend until combined. Mix in coconut. Press dough evenly into the bottom of a greased 13-by-9-inch glass baking dish.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until edge of crust is golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- With a mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add eggs; mix until just combined. Stir in lime juice. Pour batter over baked crust. Once oven has cooled to 350°F, bake for 17 to 22 minutes, or until center is set.
- Cool. Cover and chill for 2 hours. Serve with toppings (optional, recipes follow). Cover and store leftovers in refrigerator.
Recipes from this issue:
- White Chocolate Glaze with Toasted Coconut and Pecans Recipe
- Veggie Slaw Recipe
- Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- Quick Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- Quick Mixed Berry Sauce Recipe
- Mixed Fruit Salsa Recipe
- Magic Lemon Pie Recipe
- Confetti Cornbread Recipe
- Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- Cincinnati-Style Turkey Chili Recipe