These delicious cookies are simple to make.
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg white, whipped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 package (14 oz.) flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheets with foil; grease and flour foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg white, extracts and coconut; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets; slightly flatten each mound with a spoon.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until lightly browned around edges. Immediately remove from baking sheets (macaroons will stick if allowed to cool); cool on wire racks.
- Store, loosely covered, at room temperature. Yields about 4 dozen.
Recipes from this issue:
- White Chocolate Glaze with Toasted Coconut and Pecans Recipe
- Veggie Slaw Recipe
- Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- Quick Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- Quick Mixed Berry Sauce Recipe
- Mixed Fruit Salsa Recipe
- Magic Lemon Pie Recipe
- Confetti Cornbread Recipe
- Cincinnati-Style Turkey Chili Recipe
- Celebration Lime Cheesecake Bars Recipe