Blue Cheese and Red Onion Jam Crescent Thumbprints Recipe
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 can (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon 100 percent extra virgin or pure olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, mix cheeses with a fork until blended; set aside.
- Unroll and separate dough into 2 rectangles, each about 11 inches long. Place 1 rectangle on a cutting board; press perforations together to seal. Spread half the cheese mixture over dough to within 1/2 inch of long sides; sprinkle half the pecans evenly over the cheese. Starting at 1 long side, roll up; press seam to seal.
- Cut roll into 16 slices (about 3/4-inch thick) with a serrated knife; place cut sides down on an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, cheese and pecans.
- Bake for 14 to 17 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in an 8-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft and lightly browned. Remove from heat. Stir in vinegar, preserves (breaking up large pieces of fruit if necessary) and thyme; set aside.
- After removing rolls from the oven, immediately press the back of a teaspoon into the center of each roll to make a small indentation. Spoon slightly less than 1/2 teaspoon jam mixture into each indentation. Remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.This recipe originally aired in the June 2008 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Apple-Jack Chicken Pizza with Caramelized Onions Recipe
- Double-Delight Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Blue Cheese and Red Onion Jam Crescent Thumbprints Recipe
- Mascarpone-Filled Cranberry-Walnut Rolls Recipe
- Mexican Pesto-Pork Tacos Recipe
- Salmon Pastries with Dill Pesto Recipe
- Toffee-Banana Brownies Recipe