Cambozola, Peach and Spinach Turnovers Recipe
1 / 2
The fluffy pastry with the creamy cheese make for a decadent dessert.
Photo by GettyImages/iko636
2 / 2
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 square sheets puff pastry, 5-inch squares
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ripe peach, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 jar (4 oz.) pimiento strips, drained
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, washed and stemmed
- 4 ounces Cambozola OR other creamy blue cheese, sliced into 4 pieces
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg and milk; brush onto one side of pastry squares. Reserve egg wash for later use.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pastry squares. Layer 1/4 of the peach, pimiento and spinach in the center of each pastry square and top with cheese.
- Fold dough around the filling to make a triangle, sealing edges. Brush tops with remaining egg wash and place them on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake turnovers for 12 to 16 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot. Editor's note: Cambozola is a cross between Camembert and Gorgonzola. Look for Cambozola in a cheese shop, or use creamy Gorgonzola or Camembert instead.This recipe originally aired in the April 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
More form this issue:
- Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Apricot Recipe
- Mango and Black-Eyed Pea Salsa Recipe
- Cherry Sauce Recipe
- 4 Ham Glazes
- Savory Ham Breakfast Tarts
More ideas from Capper's Farmer: