Cherry Sauce Recipe
1 / 2
Guests are sure to love this sauce and the sweetness that it brings to the ham.
Photo by GettyImages/Anna-Kurzaeva
2 / 2
If you are looking for something a little different for your ham, try this cherry sauce.
- 1 package ham glaze and dipping sauce
- 1 pound frozen cherries
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine glaze and cherries; simmer for 8 minutes, or until cherries thaw and mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove half of the mixture and purée in a blender for about 30 seconds.
- Return puréed cherry mixture to saucepan and stir.
- Continue to heat on low for an additional 3 minutes. Serve sauce with ham.Editor's note: For a more dramatic presentation, do not purée the cherries. Instead, leave them whole. The sauce can be made ahead and warmed over low heat until ready to serve.This recipe originally aired in the April 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
More form this issue:
- Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Apricot Recipe
- Mango and Black-Eyed Pea Salsa Recipe
- Cambozola, Peach and Spinach Turnovers Recipe
- 4 Ham Glazes
- Savory Ham Breakfast Tarts
More ideas from Capper's Farmer: