You can change the taste of this dish by just switching the cheese.
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of chicken soup
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups fresh OR frozen vegetables
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Stir soup, water, rice, onion powder and vegetables in a 12-by-8-inch shallow baking dish. Top with chicken. Season chicken as desired. Cover and bake at 375°F. for 45 minutes, or until chicken and rice are done. Top with cheese.
Italian version: In place of onion powder and pepper, use 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Substitute 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese for cheddar.
Mexican version: In place of onion powder and pepper, use 1 teaspoon chili powder. Substitute Mexican cheese blend for cheddar.
This recipe originally aired in the October 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Cheddar Broccoli Bake Recipe
- Chicken Broccoli Divan Recipe
- Pork Chops and Stuffing Bake Recipe
- Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe