These tasty puffs hold a mixture of chicken, cheese and barbecue sauce.
- 3/4 pound (12 oz.) cubed, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion OR 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 can (16.3 oz.) large refrigerated biscuits
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded cheddar OR American cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray or grease 8 muffin cups.
- In a 10-inch skillet, cook chicken, barbecue sauce, onion and brown sugar, stirring constantly, until hot.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Press each to make a 4 to 4 1/2-inch circle. Place 1 biscuit circle in each muffin cup; firmly press in bottom and up sides, forming a 1/4-inch rim. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture into each biscuit-lined cup. Sprinkle each with cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until edges of biscuits are golden-brown. Cool for 1 minute; remove from pan.
This recipe originally aired in the October 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Apple-Cranberry Cobbler Recipe
- Individual Chicken Pot Pies Recipe
- Meatball Bubble Biscuits Recipe
- Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Mustard Sauce Recipe
- Taco Biscuit Casserole Recipe
- Shrimp and Corn Chowder Recipe
- Individual Chocolate Espresso Soufflés Recipe