Flaky biscuits top these yummy pot pies.
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 1/3 cup flour
- Dash of pepper
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) condensed chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken OR turkey
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 oz.) mushroom pieces and stems, drained
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
- 1 can (16.3 oz.) large refrigerated biscuits
- Additional milk, if desired
- Sesame seeds, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 8 (10 oz.) ramekins, custard cups or large muffin cups.
- In a 10-inch skillet, melt butter; stir in flour and pepper. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly. Gradually stir in broth and milk; cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken, onion, mushrooms, peas and carrots; cook until hot and bubbly. Spoon mixture evenly into ramekins.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Press each to make a 4 1/2-inch circle. Place biscuit circles on tops of filled ramekins. Cut slits in biscuit tops. Brush biscuit tops with additional milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until biscuits are golden-brown and no longer doughy.
This recipe originally aired in the October 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Apple-Cranberry Cobbler Recipe
- Chicken Biscuit Puffs Recipe
- Meatball Bubble Biscuits Recipe
- Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Mustard Sauce Recipe
- Taco Biscuit Casserole Recipe
- Shrimp and Corn Chowder Recipe
- Individual Chocolate Espresso Soufflés Recipe