It takes less than an hour to make this satisfying chowder.
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 can (15 to 17 oz.) cream-style corn
- 1 package (16 oz.) loose-pack frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated fat-free milk
- 3 low-sodium chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 package (8 oz.) frozen shrimp, thawed, cooked and peeled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Bring 1/4 cup water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add onion and bell pepper; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until tender. Add remaining water, corn, evaporated milk and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in shrimp; cook for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with basil.
This recipe originally aired in the October 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Apple-Cranberry Cobbler Recipe
- Chicken Biscuit Puffs Recipe
- Individual Chicken Pot Pies Recipe
- Meatball Bubble Biscuits Recipe
- Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Mustard Sauce Recipe
- Taco Biscuit Casserole Recipe
- Individual Chocolate Espresso Soufflés Recipe