This easy dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean (at least 80 percent) ground beef
- 1 package (1.25 oz.) taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 1 can (16.3 oz.) large refrigerated biscuits
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz.)
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Additional salsa
- Sliced ripe olives, drained
- Sour cream
- Sliced green onions
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a 10-inch skillet, brown beef over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix, water and salsa; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces. Add pieces to beef mixture; stir gently. Spoon mixture into an ungreased, 13-by-9-inch pan.
- Bake for 18 to 23 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly and biscuits are golden-brown. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
- To serve, cut into 8 squares. Top with remaining ingredients.
This recipe originally aired in the October 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Apple-Cranberry Cobbler Recipe
- Chicken Biscuit Puffs Recipe
- Individual Chicken Pot Pies Recipe
- Meatball Bubble Biscuits Recipe
- Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Mustard Sauce Recipe
- Shrimp and Corn Chowder Recipe
- Individual Chocolate Espresso Soufflés Recipe