These cheesy meatballs bites make great appetizers or snacks.
- 1 can (16.3 oz.) large refrigerated biscuits
- 8 frozen Italian meatballs, cooked, thawed and cut in half (about 5 oz.)
- 2 sticks (1 oz. each) string cheese, each cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, heated
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Separate each biscuit into 2 layers. Press each biscuit layer to make a 3-inch circle.
- Place 1 meatball half, cut side up, and 1 string cheese piece in the center of each dough circle. Wrap dough around filling; press edges to seal.
- Place, seam side down, in a single layer in an ungreased, 8- or 9-inch-round pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden-brown and biscuits are no longer doughy in center. Remove from pan. Serve warm with warm spaghetti sauce for dipping.
This recipe originally aired in the October 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Apple-Cranberry Cobbler Recipe
- Chicken Biscuit Puffs Recipe
- Individual Chicken Pot Pies Recipe
- Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Mustard Sauce Recipe
- Taco Biscuit Casserole Recipe
- Shrimp and Corn Chowder Recipe
- Individual Chocolate Espresso Soufflés Recipe