Packed with calcium, this delicious frittata is good for you.
- 2 cartons (8 oz. each) egg substitute
- 1-1/3 cups (3.2 oz. envelope) nonfat dry milk
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (about 6 oz.) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray a 10-inch ovenproof skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg substitute and dry milk; mix thoroughly.
- Stir in cheese, mushrooms, bell pepper, green onions, salt and pepper. Pour mixture into prepared skillet.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until set in the center. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
This recipe originally aired in the April 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- Creamy Fruit Smoothie Recipe
- Creamy Garlic Dip Recipe
- Zesty Potato Salad Recipe