Here's a healthier version of traditional banana bread.
- 4 cups flour
- 1-1/3 cups (3.2 oz envelope) nonfat dry milk
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 3-1/2 cups (about 7 medium) mashed, very ripe bananas
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease two 9-by-5-inch loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, dry milk, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat eggs, bananas, sugar and vegetable oil on medium speed until well-blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture; stir in nuts. Spoon into prepared pans.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe originally aired in the April 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Confetti Frittata Recipe
- Creamy Fruit Smoothie Recipe
- Creamy Garlic Dip Recipe
- Zesty Potato Salad Recipe