A mixture of vegetables adds color and crunch to potato salad.
- 1/4 cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds (about 6 large) red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes, cooked, drained and cooled
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces, blanched
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine dry milk, water, mustard, salt and pepper until well-mixed.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, green beans, bell pepper and onions; add milk mixture; toss well to coat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate. Serve over lettuce leaves.
This recipe originally aired in the April 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- Confetti Frittata Recipe
- Creamy Fruit Smoothie Recipe
- Creamy Garlic Dip Recipe
- Zesty Potato Salad Recipe